Friends & Co. Quilt Retreats
Friends and Company Quilt Retreats!
Three times a year, Friends and Co. Quilt Shop hosts a Quilt Retreat, in January, March, and October.
Retreat is a great way to get together with friends, finish those UFOs, start new projects and to get inspiration from your peers. At Sew ‘N Tell, you’ll see all the fantastic projects everyone is working on and learn a new technique or two! All skill levels are encouraged to attend; Retreat is a fun way to build on your skills.
Quilt Retreat starts on Thursday and continues through Friday, Saturday, & Sunday. The $165 fee includes 24 hours sewing, ’round the clock coffee, ice water and snacks, lunch & dinner on Friday & Saturday, and Sunday breakfast.
A new feature we have added is the Friends & Co. One Day Embroidery Retreat! Our resident embroidery instructor, Mary Lou, creates a fabulous project that can be completed in a day. The Embroidery Retreat Day is on the Wednesday prior to Quilt Retreat. The cost for the one-day class is $35.00 and includes all the designs needed for the project. You can come for just the Embroidery Retreat or stay for the quilt retreat too! This is a great opportunity to spend a day with other embroidery enthusiasts, learn new skills and come away with a beautiful project.
Call the shop to sign up! We have a limited amount of space and paying up front will ensure your spot. 307-527-7217
Retreats are held at the Holiday Inn in Cody, WY
Take advantage of the great room discount and stay in town with your girlfriends!
- Make sure to bring any and all sewing machines you would like to use as well as fabrics and notions for the projects you want to work on.
- Cutting Tables with mats are available but please bring your rotary cutter and rulers.
- We will set up a couple of Ironing Stations. If you own a Steady Betty and iron that you would like to bring, please do so.
- Each Retreater will set up their “studio” on an 8-foot table making enough room to set up your personal ironing station, embroidery machine, serger or personal cutting space.
- Please label and mark your personal items so they do not get lost.
- Please bring a grounded power strip to use.
- Snacks and treats are welcomed to add to our snack table.
- In-House lunch and dinners will be served on Friday and Saturday, plus the wonderful breakfast on Sunday is included as well!
- The Quilt shop will be open Monday through Saturday that week and Retreaters get a special discount each day of retreat.